"I grew up in a physical world, and I speak English. The next generation is growing up in a digital world, and they speak social."
- Angela Ahrendts
Teaching children right from wrong and how to be part of a civilized society has always been a primary responsibility for parents. In today's world, it's not enough to teach our children how to behave properly in the physical world; we must also teach them how to behave in the digital world. From cyber-bullying to sexting, the imperative for grounding our children in responsible digital citizenship grows every day.
But where to begin? There is no lack of information on this topic for parents. A Google search of "digital citizenship" quickly reveals hundreds, if not thousands, of articles. Unfortunately, most parents don't have the time to comb through the wealth of data that already exists much less keep up with the constant influx of new or updated information. Add to that the need to then translate all of this information into a format that children (and other adults!) can easily understand, and the challenge is quite daunting.
This is why we created Neptune Navigate: to cull and curate the wealth of data on digital citizenship and turn it into easily understandable, ready-to-use, and timely tools for parents and children.
HEAR FROM OUR CHIEF NAVIGATOR ON WHY SHE IS DOING THIS
LEARN EXACTLY WHAT NAVIGATE FOR PARENTS PROVIDES
SEE SOME TIPS FOR PARENTS FROM OUR CHIEF NAVIGATOR
TESTIMONIALS FROM OTHER PARENTS
WATCH OUR CHIEF NAVIGATOR IN ACTION
- Digital Citizenship Overview - What does it mean to be a ‘responsible digital citizen’ and how do you know if you and/or your kids are being one?
- Privacy - How do you protect your most important information and safeguard against others intruding where they should not?
- Parental Monitoring/Restrictions - What means and tools can be used to insure children aren’t “surfing” where they shouldn’t be?
- Age Appropriateness - At what age should - or shouldn't - children be accessing various devices, apps, and sites?
- Digital World Etiquette - What are the proper ways of engaging with others in this digital world, as well as ways to govern yourself.
- Tech Laws - How is the legal world addressing the ever-evolving digital world?
- Cyber Bullying - How do you spot, report, and most importantly, prevent bullying in the digital realm?
- Digital Footprint - What does your online life say about you and how to you make sure that you say in control of it?
- New App & Website Reviews - What’s the latest and greatest out there, and most of all, who is and isn’t it appropriate for?
- Fake News / Spam / Phishing - How do you know if you should believe what you see or read on the web?
- Digital World Basics - What are the “must knows” of living in the digital age?
In-Depth Educational Videos
- Typically no more than 5 minutes long each so you can concentrate on one thing at a time rather than be overwhelmed
- Easy to understand language and clearly spelled out implications/actions
- Action Plans for You and Your Children
"Quick Reference" Guides
- To keep you up to speed on all things digital
- Continuously Updated App and Website Reviews
- Regularly scheduled webinars that will cover specific topics and allow you to interact with and have questions answered by the Neptune Navigate team.
- NavAlerts - emails to alert you when something happens or something changes that you need to know about right away.
THE INFORMATION YOU NEED WHEN YOU NEED IT
The Neptune Navigate deliverables are continuously being added to as new developments take place in the digital world. As new apps or games come online, new rules and regulations are implemented, and more is learned about what does and does not work in regards to cybersecurity, we will provide you with what you need to know and what you need to do.
As the digital world evolves, so, too, will our deliverables. We will update what has been provided to reflect the latest available information whenever it is appropriate to do so.
Each month, you will receive a notification of what all has been added and what has been updated in the Neptune Navigate library.
Of course, some things can't wait. Whenever there is a new development in the digital world we think you should know about right away, we will email you a NavAlert, usually a video or one-page summary of what you need to know and what, if anything, you need to do.
Neptune Navigate is available for purchase for $20 (plus state sales tax for Texas residents). This provides you 365 days of access to all available materials, invitations to monthly webinars, and on-going NavAlerts. We offer a 7-day money back guarantee: if for any reason you are dissatisfied or you do not find the information helpful, simply email us at [email protected] and we will refund your full subscription price, no questions asked. To purchase Neptune Navigate, click here: